Thursday 4 July 2024

Shades of Mercedes-Benz

 


This lovely Mercedes-Benz 600 pullman arrived this morning. It is in the deep, dark crimson shade which I remember having as a child. Although it was not an easy model to play with (the length of the car and its fixed rear wheels made corning almost impossible) it did look lovely. I think I actually preferred the fact that the rear windows slid up and down to the working windscreen wipers and I always had my doubts about that really being by repeated requests but never mind.

I am pretty sure that the early models all had this delightful deep shade and that it was a little later that the brighter crimson models started to appear. there is quite a big difference between the two and this is the first opportunity that I have had to put two very nice examples next to each other.




They are both very recent arrivals and each has an original box too in very good condition, one has the original instruction sheet / membership form too. Most importantly, each has the radiator emblem, so often missing from otherwise nice examples. 

No comments:

Post a Comment