Saturday 16 September 2023

Meet the 406 Land Rover

 


This delightful late model 406 Land Rover arrived here in the village today. It has barely a mark on it and was simply irresistible when I spotted it at a very modest price last week.

This joins the ranks of another dozen 406 models currently available, or 13 if you include the 406S! The first one shown below is also quite unusual being fitted with smooth wheels but having the later type of body without 'handles' at the rear.

Generally there are just two types for each of the three colours: smooth wheels with 'handles' and shaped wheels without 'handles' - until, of course, someone comes up with a fourth variation! The only models issued in boxes were the yellow/black and blue/cream ones and they did not have canopies. The green models were issued with a 102 Pony Trailer in Gift Set 2 and these did have a tan tin canopy.






 



 

 

 



 



 

I am trying to reduce my dependence upon Ebay in promoting my Corgi activities and stock for sale and I am, therefore, slowly changing my listings to just one for each main model, with the variations, related models and special editions available from my own store where I don't have to pay so much in fees. Similarly, customers will not have to pay as much either as I am reducing my own store prices to ensure they're more competitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment