Tuesday 18 October 2016

The Land Rover that was different after all




Just as I thought it was safe to come out of the Land Rover cabinet I noticed something else. The interior changes, probably at the same time as the tow bar changes from grey to black on Whizzwheels models.

I have seen the metallic turquoise green, the light blue and darker blue (with red light) Land Rovers with both types of interior. One is the familiar old lemon with a grey plastic steering wheel and the later type is a single bright yellow moulding with the steering wheel included. The later windows would seem to have a line to depict a quarter light too. What I hadn't appreciated was that the same colour can have different interiors.

I was about to take my later turquoise green one to bits. You may recall that I only bought it because I thought it was a different colour (which it wasn't) and, with a cracked screen, it wasn't something I particularly wanted to hang on to. Now, of course, I shall have to until a better one comes in.

It would appear that I shall now also have to track down a decent example of the light blue with a grey steering wheel and a dark blue with the all-yellow interior. And a better metallic green with the all-yellow interior.

I don't think any of these are particularly difficult to find so, hopefully, it won't be long before I can update the catalogue. I wonder what else I shall find next.

It would be reasonable to assume that the Daktari model could also have the newer interior in later models, but I have not seen any so I really don't know. The Longleat issues had a red interior which I am assuming, for now, did not alter. Maybe you can take a closer look at yours at let me know if you find anything interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment