Friday 26 August 2022

What was not in its own box at your local toy store?

An interesting question on a Facebook Corgi Collectors' Forum. Someone wondered what models had only been issued in sets and which are unlikely to have been found in boxes at your local toy shop.

I say 'unlikely' because who knows what may or may not have found its way into a box. So I do have doubts about the bronze Hillman Imp and maroon Rover 2000 with normal wheels. The cast wheel varieties, though, I am pretty sure will only have been in the very last of the Transporter Sets in which they were to be featured.

This is my first attempt at a list. No doubt there will be some additions and I welcome any suggestions and, of course, corrections!! 

Click on the 'GS varieties' tab for the list if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment