Wednesday 9 September 2020

Trophy Models

I have a second BRM available. For a change, the wheels are not as blackened as many of these become (and I haven't yet found a good way to revive them as they were a fairly miserable grey in the first place) but you'll see that one has been fitted the wrong way round!

Trophy model BRM F1

Trophy model BRM F1

On a model like this I don't think the error adds to its value (as it would for a normal Corgi edition). The gold plating is pretty good, some flakes on the rear and side only and it doesn't suffer from the rough corrosion I have seen on some.

These models are not easy to find these days and I have yet to find one on its plinth, never mind with a box! From what I can gather, these didn't sell particularly well at Marks & Spencer and not a great many were produced anyway. Here are all five, although I do need a better Austin Healey or, at the very least a less ridiculous-looking screen!

Update 17 September: I have re-loaded the images on this page as I am aware of some issues with those published previously. If you do experience any problems with any images in my articles on this blog please let me know.



Trophy MGA

Trophy MGA


Trophy TR2

Trophy TR2


Trophy Austin Healey

Trophy Austin Healey


Trophy Vanwall F1

Trophy Vanwall F1


Trophy BRM F1

Trophy BRM F1


No comments:

Post a Comment