Friday 26 August 2016

My First Car!


My first car was a 1960 Ford Popular in bright tomato red. It cost me £30 in 1969. I have been looking for a while for a model and finally found this Vanguard 1:43 edition which is pretty accurate, apart from being much tidier and not having any rust!

The model actually had black seats so I have swapped them for the grey interior from the dark blue model Vanguards made a little earlier.

Recently I have had a few requests to find examples of people's early cars which has been quite fun and not always very easy! I am thinking of offering this more widely as a service so if that if you think this might be of interest to anyone do please pass the word around. It may well be that the model isn't a Corgi, of course, but I will do my best to use a decent 1:43 scale model.

Now, where can I find my next car, a Wolseley 1500 in black?! 

If you want to full list of what I've had over the years it can be seen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment