This is my project for August, a comparatively quiet month for me and particularly so because my wife is in Ukraine and will be stuck there for a while. That leaves me free to occupy some space with Corgi material that doesn't have to be packed away every evening!
I now have all the bits and pieces. No, not an original box, nor the glue, paints and packing pieces, just the display things, so I cannot sell it for a fortune and retire - instead, I can enjoy it as I might have done 60+ years ago.
Missing until recently had been the Batley Leofric garages. Corgi Model Club to the rescue! No-one need know and I challenge anyone to tell the difference.
I am not as adept at handling small parts as I once was and the 'up-and-over-door' mechanism is very fiddly but I got there in the end.
There are pieces to join the individual units as 'Mews garages' but I shall not do that and I don't believe the three in the catalogue illustration were joined either.
Things are taking shape. Waiting for the Corvair at the moment. I shall update this post in a few days.




No comments:
Post a Comment