Sunday 14 July 2024

One more Qualitoys model. Two to go. Maybe.

 


I've found another Qualitoys item from the 1971 release group. It's a Jumbo loader with Scoop. I may or may not be successful in buying it so all I have is this picture for now.

Here is a table I have put together based on the information I've found to date:


I have also added a live table to the Corgi Catalogue website at this address.

So, assuming the Little Red Book is correct, (which, as we know, is not always the case but what else can we do?) and there were six models released in 1971 there are still two to find. If we regard the Fire Hose Trailer as a 1971 issue, however, then there would only be one but that would mean a gap in the numbers. Now, gaps in the numbers are all too familiar to Corgi Toys collectors! So anything is possible. We'll find out eventually. Maybe.

My guess is that the Fire Hose Trailer came out at the same time as the Truck and that the two 'sets' also came out with the first batch. That is because I see many of them for sale but I most definitely do not see many of the 1971 releases around anywhere.

I appreciate that all this about Qualitoys is not what many of you wish to read and so be reassured that I shall return to the main theme again soon. At least you've been spared the 1;36 scale models.




No comments:

Post a Comment