Friday 7 July 2023

Fooled again

The Who fairly famously proclaimed that they'd not get fooled again sometime in 1971 but I challenge them not to have rushed to buy this, looking, as it does, like a nice 351S going for a song.


What convinced me that I should quickly send the chap the £10 he was asking for a 'Land Rover' was the comparison with the army flavour of green just peeping into the photo.

What arrived, however, was sadly the middle model of the three below.


Even now, sitting here on my desk, just a foot or so away, I could almost be persuaded to buy it again as the colour so much makes me believe it's something like an RAF blue. Put it next to another model, however, and it's clear just another blue-green 438 and, yes, I've been fooled again.

I'll give it a clean now and it is all there, hook too, with no broken windows and the suspension wires haven't slipped either so I may be able to find someone who will like it for a few pounds. I don't expect to get all my money back but that's OK. All down to experience. Again.



No comments:

Post a Comment