Sunday 25 September 2022

Ford Mustang - one of my favourites, even in pea green.

 


This Ford Mustang arrived last week. These 320 models are one of my favourite Corgis and I have to admit to adoring the real thing - I could easily be tempted to get one of the latest Mustangs too which still retain something of the style of the 1960s classic. For now, though, I have to satisfy myself with the models, even if some appear in this strange shade of pea green!

This shade and the evocative metallic lilac I have only found so far with spoked wheels. I am sure they exist with the scarcer shaped wheels and, possibly, although I am not so sure, with cast wheels. Each alternative has eluded me to date.


The two other colours issued were a gorgeous shade of metallic blue and silver.

The blue car has to be one of the most attractive to display with that lovely cream interior. I have this with all three wheel variations.





The silver model always seems to have a dark red interior. Again I have found it with each of the three types of wheel. I do wonder if, one day, I might stumble across a silver edition with the cream interior. There must have been a few produced by mistake and it would not look at all bad.




It is a pity that Corgi did not use the wires for suspension on these models but, instead, relied upon a piece of chromed plastic which has become brittle over the years. If you ever take a model to bits and see why the suspension doesn't work you'll be amazed that it lasted as long as it did!

Many of my models have suffered from this but they're too nice to discard.

The windows usually stay strong on these models with the rear window seldom getting cracked, unlike the Ghia. The front grille is, strangely, a piece of paper with a chrome and black printed design. I am sure that could have been better produced and now you'll find the sticker hanging off or missing. Luckily, replacements are very accurate and easy to get.

The corgi dog on the rear seat is delightful if a bit weird as I didn't think that corgi dogs were that popular in the States nor entirely appropriate for a sports car like this. But what do I know? At least they did remove the dog in the Rally edition 325!

Now, back to searching for the missing models . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment