Monday 3 September 2018

New arrivals in August

Gift Set 10 £TBA

1118 or 1133 (not sure now!) £TBA

1134 with 1135 cab! £TBA


418 late version with black steering wheel £40

Gift Set 19 £80

201M £65

Not a lot this month and really the only item acquired for re-sale is the Austin, a very nice example and a great improvment on the other one that came in last month.

The Rambler and Gift Set 10 items are awaiting a good box and missing elements. they are, though, in excellent condition and so this will make a good set for someone eventually. The two US Army items are not for sale at the moment. The truck is now confusing me as I realise now that it has text along the bonnet which makes it a 1133 but the flat roof on the canopy would have been a 1118, I think. And 1133s have stars on the doors. all in all, I am about to give up on these (for probably the third or fourth time since I started trying to list everything!) I need help with these.

The 1134/5 mix-up is weirdly fascinating but that's about all and I really don't expect that the other bits will be coming in any time soon so it'll be here on a desk for some years to come, I suspect!

The taxis are fun as there are so many small variations to collect. I thought I had this one but don't seem to. I do have a lot of deep maroon ones however that I shall probably never be able to sell for much more than a tenner. This does look pretty black which is a relief.

The Gift Set 19 is here merely because a customer wanted an original elephant. Now he doesn't. So I've added the cage and trailer I had to buy to get it to a nice red land Rover I had lying around and to that I can add either the plastic canopy shown here or the earlier tin blue canopy as required.






No comments:

Post a Comment